Today Shriek turns 7 years old. I have a 7 year old!!! She is getting so grown up and is a beautiful thoughtful drama queen through and through.
I went to the doctors 7 years ago today (well actually 7 years ago yesterday) for a regular appointment. My blood pressure had been extremely high. I had been on bed rest. The Doctor did some tests and then she said. Looks like you need to have the baby now (it was 5 weeks early!) my naive pregnant self was not ready for this! I hadn’t even had a baby shower yet! How was this happening?
After being induced and waiting for forever (about 24 hours) Shriek came into this world. She was tiny and had long giraffe legs. She was gorgeous. Shortly after giving birth to her I heard the most unique bird like cry that sounded more like a Shriek! (hence the nickname) even the nurses hadn’t heard a cry like that!
I thought I would ask Shriek seven thought out questions to commemorate this day!
1. What is your best memory of the last 7 years? Hmmm I think it was when we were at Sea World and we got to go feed the horses, feed Shamu and I chased the seagulls.
2. How would you rate me as a mother 1-10 10 being best (She better say 10 if she wants a birthday cake) Hmmm 10 well because you take us to Grandmas, and buy us clothes and toys for Christmas and that’s all. (yeah that’s all I do lol!!!)
3. If you could meet anyone in the whole world who would it be? Taylor Swift (I could have guessed that one her present this year is a guitar and lessons because she wants to play like Taylor Swift)
4. What is the thing you hate doing the most? going to bed really early well because it is just not fair.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? (She asks me this questions sometimes!! I say I am grownup and the answer is your mom! (Hallmark moment) Shrieks answer was a horse trainer
6. if you could have anything in the whole world what would it be? a billion trillion gazillion presents.
7. Whats your favorite thing about turning 7? I can’t wait to read all the books in second grade it sounds really fun I love reading.
I asked her if she had any thing else to say as any good interviewer would, which she replied
yeah, so I really like you and your a very nice mom.
I guess she gets a birthday cake after all