One of our favorite activities of this summer
I have written four separate drafts on my different opinions about this summer. I cannot decide which one to go from and I have had the hardest time figuring out how to finish any of them! It’s as if summer is the most perplexing topic ever. Either I am experiencing severe exhaustion from my four crazy kids or I have been bitten by the bug which is bloggers block. Either way I am pushing ahead and I will write about summer so help me. Here we go.
It was the best of times it was the worst of times. (ok so those aren’t exactly my words as you probably know but they explain this summer perfectly.
The Best of Times
- Having a sweet little baby to cuddle and enjoy.
- My husband did not have to work the whole summer. It was so great to have him home and he put the kids to bed every night! (It was pure bliss)
- our many snow cone and slurpee stops when it was too hot to function.
- Water parks and how easy it is to nurse a baby in a swimsuit.
- Sleeping in!
- Going on a camping trip with my side of the family for a few days.
- Evo Conference, an amazing social media conference that is so spectacular it deserves it’s own post (Which will happen some day)
- Getting to know my little Squeak and seeing her sisters love her more than anything in the whole world.
The Worst of Times
- Hearing the phrase “I am bored” and “What can I do?” More times than I thought was humanly possible.
- As much as I LOVE spending time with my husband we do things very differently and happen to get on each others nerves sometimes.
- Packing for the 2 day camping trip we went on with my family. It seriously took forever and our mini van was so packed it looked like we would be gone for a month.
- Having to tell Squeal a million times to stop poking, smothering and waking the baby up.
- Hearing the girls fight and fight and fight. Oh the drama!
- How hot it has been! Our air conditioner cannot always keep up and it seriously has been a hot summer.
- All the fires. I felt so bad every time I heard there was another fire. Definitely not enough rain this summer.
- Feeling like the house was never clean even though I just cleaned. It never stayed clean for more than an hour.