I am on day two of potty training Squeal and thought I would share some of my wisdom that I have learned. When you have as good as information to share as this, you should not hold back. All of this advice is from personal exsperiance.
- Do: start when your child is ready.
- Don’t: have this time be when you are 6 months pregnant, completely impatient, and super emotional.
- Do: buy all the essentials. Potty Chair, Training pants, a potty treat, addiction of your choice.( for you not the potty trainee.) Mine happens to be chocolate.
- Don’t: offer your child the potty treat for every time she sits on the potty chair unless you want her to eat her weight in Starbursts in just a few hours. Also I would not advise you eating the treat every time she sits on the chair either.
- Do: freak out and do a dance and sing her praises when she actually goes in the potty.
- Don’t: make the celebration too big unless you want to repeat those embarrassing and exhausting antics every time she does her business in the potty.
- Do: be glad when you have hardwood floors.
- Don’t: be too upset when every time she has an accident it happens to be on the small rug instead of the enormous space you have of the hardwood floors.
- Do: encourage your older kids to help out by reminding your potty trainee to sit on the potty and how fun it is.
- Don’t: be offended when they get much better results than you do.
- Do: have a pants optional rule for the duration of potty training.
- Don’t: have that rule be for your whole family. Potty training child only.
- Do play plenty of music you love to rock out too instead of stressing too much on spending every thought focusing on your daughter’s bathroom habits. ( I recommend Beyonce)
- Don’t: fret too much because nobody you have ever heard of has sent a kid off to college who is still not potty trained.
Any suggestions you would add to this list?